Cringely Gives KnowNow Some Unbelievable Free Press... (fwd)

Ben Laurie ben at algroup.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 10:26:40 EST 2002

Eric Rescorla wrote:

> "Enzo Michelangeli" <em at who.net> writes:

If you want to slow down test operations, then iteration is good.

BTW, I don't see why using a passphrase to a key makes you vulnerable to
a dictionary attack (like, you really are going to have a dictionary of
all possible 1024 bit keys crossed with all the possible passphrases?
Sure!).

Cheers,

Ben.