biometrics

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Jan 27 12:35:33 EST 2002

    --
On 26 Jan 2002, at 17:46, P.J. Ponder wrote:
> Without think about it some more, I don't know whether to
> place the entire notion of security controls based on
> biometric telemetry in with _pure_ bullshit like copy
> protection, watermarking, non-repudiation, tamper proofing,
> or trusted third parties.  Admittedly, there is a lot of
> bullshit in the idea, I'm just not sure it is pure.

Biometric id can only work when you control the hardware and
the adversary does not, and you can also control what
hardware the adversary can bring to fool your hardware.  This
is feasible in an security door, or security checkpoint.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     mmKuTCrVlqWNgJ1KJRB13uadWidgYl4ks0dsOGkv
     4mWo+3nn3Y6o/ofFXME9BLLkvnRL2Sp037fR8ROhM