Apology for Brian Gladman.

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Fri Jan 18 12:02:34 EST 2002

Rich is correct. I was over the top. In response to my (much
more polite) letter to Mr. Gladman & New Scientist, it became
clear that the error was due to a journalist compressing down
his conversation with Mr. Gladman. Brian had been referring
to a (rounded up) bit strength for full 56 bit DES.

If Brian Gladman is listening, I apologize.

Peter Trei