PGP & GPG compatibility

Axel H Horns horns at ipjur.com
Tue Jan 15 03:42:32 EST 2002

On 3 Jan 2070, at 9:41, Nicholas Brawn wrote:

> What's the state of the game with PGP and GPG compatibility?

Interesting question.

I'm using PGP 6.5.8 for my professional confidential e-mails and
sometimes I get complaints from GnuPG users saying they can't use my
Pubkey.

Currently I'm preparing an article on Internet security issues
related to the businesses of attorneys-at-law and patent attorneys.
In this context, it is already a hard job to promote usage of e-mail
encryption, and such incompatibilities between various versions of
PGP and GnuPG marke it even harder.

Is there any URL available where I might get more detailed info?

Thanks.

Regards,

Axel H Horns

Patentanwalt Dipl.-Phys. Axel H Horns    e-Mail horns at ipjur.com
Web www.ipjur.com  Voice ++49.89.30630112  Fax ++49.89.30630113
My PGP RSA Key ID = 0xD8433289 http://www.ipjur.com/pubkey.php3
PGP Pubkey Fingerprint C5D2 5E53 D241 4988  17E4 904D 9467 31BC