Hackers Targeting Home Computers

Jason Jason.Gruber at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 8 06:35:52 EST 2002

I too see many hacking attempts on Home PCs (Win2000 and Win98). I am in the
UK and on British Telecom's ADSL.

I find it interesting that many sweeps seem to be from Fast Bandwidth
clients.  I can change between ADSL and K56 and when on K56 attempts
diminish.

Firewall blocks the sweeps, the serious attempts and traces.

Interesting to See that **MANY** attacks originate in Germany, some in
Finland.

Has anyone seen any attacks on XP yet?  Open Administrative ports!!! Like
bees to flowers.

Jason

majordomo at wasabisystems.com