RSA Tradeshow Wants Photo ID to register, the bums

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Feb 21 10:55:09 EST 2002

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:59:56 -0800
To: cypherpunks at lne.com
From: Bill Stewart <bill.stewart at pobox.com>
Subject: RSA Tradeshow Wants Photo ID to register, the bums
Sender: owner-cypherpunks at lne.com

I suppose it probably was splattered all over their registration materials,
but I certainly didn't notice.
The RSA trade show insists on a picture ID to register, even for exhibits.
Then they take a digital picture of you at registration and print it on
your badge,
so you're not able to switch off badges with other people;
they're mainly checking pictures to get into the paid sessions,
which doesn't bother me much (though it's pretty typical for companies who have
multiple people attending a show and also doing booth bunny duty to switch
off.)

But it's especially annoying when you've registered several dummy names
for the free exhibits since you didn't know which co-worker would be there.
I'll have to see about printing a fake ID at work this morning before
I head back there (or else go back in and see if our lame booth has any
spare exhibit badges.)

Joel Cypherpunk and Dr. Fred M'bogo, you're both pre-registered,
so remember to bring picture ID of some sort with you :-)

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA