Where's the smart money?

Dan Geer geer at world.std.com
Mon Feb 11 20:36:56 EST 2002

> I predict a new EMP vandalism tool that fries the moneychip.
>
> And provides an alibi to passers of notes with no working chip.

You are, of course, assuming that RFID money that has been
damaged will still be accepted without manual processing
delays to the putative depositor.  I can, after all, tear
all my paper USD in half but I will surely then incur some
manual processing delay when uploading them to the bank,
likely in proportion to the size of my deposit.  The real
question might be whether instead of today's dye pack one
got an EMP generator as a special gift when holding up the
local S&L.

--dan