Where's the smart money?

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Mon Feb 11 14:25:27 EST 2002

That's the scenario which is (semi) worrying. As
the tagged bills wear, some fraction of the RFID
transponders will inevitably fail. When this happens,
is the bill declared invalid? Will merchants regularly
check all incoming cash for a good tag? Is a bill
with a bad tag presumed to be counterfeit? Can
it be exchanged?

Peter Trei