[Mojonation-devel] Re: mojonation?

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Feb 4 22:52:32 EST 2002

--- begin forwarded text

From: "Myers W. Carpenter" <myers at fil.org>
To: mojonation <mojonation-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>,
	mojonation-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Mojonation-devel] Re: mojonation?
Sender: mojonation-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: 04 Feb 2002 21:04:41 -0500

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 16:29, Oscar Haeger wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm just curious about what's happened to mojonation. The webpage seems to
> be down, I can't contact any relay-servers or any of the mojonation central
> servers. There is no action on either the forum or any of the lists. It's
> like the whole mojonation devel-team along with most of the active users
> just vanished. Anyone care to tell me and/or the list what's going on?

Here's the story as much as I know:

Evil Genius for a Better Tommorrow who created Mojo Nation, as a company
is in hibernation after running out of funding.  All the developers were
let go.

Zooko, one of those developers, has been working on MN by himself for
the last few months.  He is currently having some net connectivity
problems and hasn't been seen on IRC for about a week.

I wrote a GUI for Mojo Nation that works under windows and linux (and
maybe Mac OS X too).

Zooko is planning on creating a fork called MNet (I think it needs a
better name).  The plan was to make use of the Mojo Nation servers that
were up.

I don't have any idea what's going on with the server hosting
mojonation.net, or the metatrackers.  They are run by EGBT, as well as
the Token server. If they are down, we'll probably put new metatrackers
up but we can't replace the Token server (never have had the source for
it.)  Mojonation will work without the Token server.

myers

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA