biometrics

Hack Hawk hh at hackhawk.net
Fri Feb 1 13:41:02 EST 2002

At 08:13 AM 1/30/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Bill Frantz writes:
>  >
>  > What would be really nice is to be able to have the same PIN/password for
>  > everything.
>
>Do you really mean that?  Sure, if I only have to remember one thing
>it is easier for me.  It is also a complete nightmare if it is ever
>compromised.

Way back in the day (about a year ago), this guy I worked with set the
security PIN for our local office and gave the PIN to several people in the
office (about 5 people).

About a week later in casual conversation he said something to the effect
that he hated remembering all these separate PIN's and such, so he always
used the same PIN for everything to keep things simple.

I, being the devils advocate that I am, sparked up and said, "So, by
knowing our Office security PIN, I now have access to your bank account if
I get a hold of your ATM card?".  Man, I never seen a guy's face turn so
many shades of red in just a few seconds.  LOL

I just thought I'd share it because I found it really funny at the
time.  The office security PIN was changed shortly after that conversation.

- hawk