DOS attack on WPA 802.11?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Dec 8 20:31:51 EST 2002

    --
Arnold G. Reinhold
> Cryptographic standards should be judged on their merits, not
> on the bureaucratic difficulties in changing them. Specs have
> been amended before. Even NSA was willing to revise its
> original secure hash standard. That's why we have SHA1.  If I
> am right and WPA needlessly introduces a significant denial
> of service vulnerability, then it should be fixed.

I do not think the DOS is significant, since one can do the
same thing with a spark emitter.  The person doing the DOS has
to bring his equipment up to the target, which makes attacker
vulnerable to BBRS (Baseball bat restoration of service)

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     z9usqTFDdak6fIXLvMz4FRjtDX9LwX0psRJRmfeP
     4JZ85epzXMA2AbDtWU3mqFXAi8Pu30SKDhyrx2bRN