Help! (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Dec 6 00:21:07 EST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri,  6 Dec 2002 03:12:30 +0100 (CET)
From: Robert Harley <harley at argote.ch>
To: fork-noarchive at xent.com
Subject: Help!

Help!

I need access to a big fast machine ASAP, to count points on a
humongous elliptic curve.  That requires running a process that takes
about 8 GB of memory (it can be partly swap space - the program is
written to run well in virtual memory).  I have't figured out how to
parallelize the algorithm at all and it needs a few days of CPU on a
fast 64-bit machine.  Best of all is something like a 1 GHz Alpha or
Itanium 2 (preferably with a friendly sysadmin to increase per-process
resource limits :)

If any FoRKer can think of a way of getting access, please make it
happen and spend some karma points if necessary!

Many thanks in advance to those who can be of assistance,
  Rob.
http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork-noarchive