DBCs now issued by DMT

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Dec 3 18:45:54 EST 2002

I suppose that if it's not blinded, or at least functionally anonymous,
like you'd get with statistically-tested streaming cash, it's not *that*
bearer, but, hey, that's just *my* opinion, right?

:-).

I would assume that anything that has accounts with client names on them is
probably not bearer, either, though Mark Twain did something quite like
that.

Which, not coincidentally, brings us back to the loading problem. Most of
us who think about these things have gotten to the point that Doug Barnes
got to with his "Mondex" talk at the FC97 rump-session: that is, you need a
popular internet payment system to collateralize/load whatever bearer
certificate you issue, and the faster that settles, the better.

We're getting there, maybe even faster than we think.

Cheers,
RAH

--- begin forwarded text