trade-offs of secure programming with Palladium (Re: Palladium: technical limits and implications)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Aug 13 11:55:29 EDT 2002

    --
On 12 Aug 2002 at 16:32, Tim Dierks wrote:
> I'm sure that the whole system is secure in theory, but I
> believe that it cannot be securely implemented in practice and
> that the implied constraints on use & usability will be
> unpalatable to consumers and vendors.

Or to say the same thing more pithily, if it really is going to be
voluntary, it really is not going to give hollywood what they
want.  If really gives hollywood what they want, it is really
going to have to be forced down people's throats.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     q/bTmZrGsVk2BT9JgumhMqvjDmyIbiElvtidl9aP
     2/0CXfo6fzHCxpa+SX8o8Jzvyb71S0KzgBs0gDRhN