Thanks, Lucky, for helping to kill gnutella

Jeroen C.van Gelderen jeroen at vangelderen.org
Sat Aug 10 17:42:31 EDT 2002

On Friday, Aug 9, 2002, at 13:05 US/Eastern, AARG!Anonymous wrote:
> If only...  Luckily the cypherpunks are doing all they can to make sure
> that no such technology ever exists.  They will protect us from being
> able
> to extend trust across the network.  They will make sure that any open
> network like Gnutella must forever face the challenge of rogue clients.
> They will make sure that open source systems are especially vulnerable
> to rogues, helping to drive these projects into closed source form.

This argument is a straw man but to be fair: I am looking forward to
your detailed proof that the only way to protect a Gnutella-like
network from rogue clients is a Palladium-like system. You are so
adamant that I have to assume you have such proof sitting right on your
desk. Please share it with us.

-J