Thanks, Lucky, for helping to kill gnutella

Pete Chown Pete.Chown at skygate.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 14:34:18 EDT 2002

Anonymous wrote:

> As far as Freenet and MojoNation, we all know that the latter shut down,
> probably in part because the attempted traffic-control mechanisms made
> the whole network so unwieldy that it never worked.

Right, so let's solve this problem.  Palladium/TCPA solves the problem
in one sense, but in a very inconvenient way.  First of all, they stop
you running a client which has been modified in any way -- not just a
client which has been modified to be selfish.  Secondly, they facilitate
the other bad things which have been raised on this list.

> Right, as if my normal style has been so effective.  Not one person has
> given me the least support in my efforts to explain the truth about TCPA
> and Palladium.

The reason for that is that we all disagree with you.  I'm interested to
read your opinions, but I will argue against you.  I'm not interested in
reading flames at all.

--
Pete