more TCPA stuff (Re: "trust me" pseudonyms in TCPA)

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Wed Aug 7 12:21:57 EDT 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Peter N. Biddle wrote:

< ... />

> It is entirely possible to run Pd and get it's benefits without telling MS
> Inc. anything about your machine. For Pd to work you have to tell the MS TOR
> (unless you are using a different TOR) about your machine, and so we have to
> prove to everyone that telling the TOR something is very different from
> telling MS Inc. something. Pd doesn't phone home on it's own.

So part of the spec for Palladium is that no EULA of the sort Microsoft now
uses for patches will be allowed?

Where in the spec does this guarantee appear and where may we see the well
attested signature of Bill Gates?

If Microsoft is today demanding root with menaces on all "W2K" and "XP"
machines, what would Microsoft do under the Radiant Palladium Regime?

oo--JS.