Schneier on Bernstein factoring machine

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Apr 17 09:08:53 EDT 2002

Derek Atkins writes:
 > I see no contradiction at all.  Bruce believe that Lucky is one of
 > "those paranoid enough" that "should have upgraded years ago".  In
 > other words, Bruce is surprised that Lucky didn't already upgrade to a
 > key larger than 1024 bits, due to his "paranoia".
 >
 > No offense meant, Lucky...

The union of the two sets of "cryptography users" and "paranoid
people" is necessarily non-empty.  Who would bother to use
cryptography sans a threat model?  And if you've got a non-empty
threat model, then by definition you're paranoid.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Economic ignoramuses find
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | economics easy to criticize,