Defeating Tempest with HMDs?

Udhay Shankar N udhay at pobox.com
Thu Sep 27 05:08:01 EDT 2001

A request for information:

I have an idea that Tempest monitoring might be defeated by using
appropriate head-mounted displays, where one would send encrypted data
feeds to the HMD from the computer it is attached to, which would then be
decrypted and displayed directly on the user's retina.

Is this currently feasible? And can the electromagnetic radiation from the
means used to project information on somebody's eyeball be monitired?

Any information welcome.

Udhay

      God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.