SPKI (WAS Re: Field slide attacks and how to avoid them.)

Rich Salz rsalz at zolera.com
Thu Sep 20 18:44:25 EDT 2001

Thanks for the links, folks.

> I confess I love SPKI, and I would love to know why we're not in a
> sitation where it's in widespread use today.

I believe HP's espeak uses (used?) SPKI as its authorization certs, but
since they're chairing the Oasis SAML group that might change (but hence
my spki.xsd query).  I also think Intel's open source CDSA has some
support for SPKI (been a long time since I looked at the source), so
presumably they might be doing some stuff.  One possible contender
there, the Intel medical information protection project/company,
recently shut down, however.

It'd sure be nice if Win2.5K replaced SIDs with SPKI :)
	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com