<nettime> "Pirate Utopia," FEED, February 20, 2001

Grant Bayley gbayley at ausmac.net
Thu Sep 20 18:27:00 EDT 2001

> --- begin forwarded text

> From: "Julian Dibbell" <jmdibbell at home.com>
> To: <nettime-l at bbs.thing.net>
> Subject: <nettime> "Pirate Utopia," FEED, February 20, 2001
> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:37:20 -0500
> Sender: nettime-l-request at bbs.thing.net
>
> Key concepts: steganography, encryption, Osama bin Laden, intellectual
> property, temporary autonomous zone, pirates.

It's a shame that Niels Provos, one of the main developers of open-source
Steganography software at the moment wasn't able to detect a single piece
of information hidden steganographically in a recent survey of two million
images...  Sort of destroys the whole hype about the use of it by
criminals.   Details on the paper below: