Field slide attacks and how to avoid them.

Paul Crowley paul at cluefactory.org.uk
Wed Sep 19 13:49:30 EDT 2001

pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz (Peter Gutmann) writes:
> "Kevin E. Fu" <fubob at MIT.EDU> writes:
> >But XDR is so BORING compared to a REAL standard like ASN.1!
> I can feel this sliding into a specification language debate, but I
> have to put in a word to defend ASN.1 here.

Those choosing data formats for crypto purposes might want to consider
the simple and elegant format S-expression used by SPKI, described
here:

http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~rivest/sexp.txt

[Moderator's note: I'm a big fan of that format. --Perry]

--
  __  Paul Crowley
\/ o\ sig at paul.cluefactory.org.uk
/\__/ http://www.cluefactory.org.uk/paul/
"Conservation of angular momentum makes the world go around" - John Clark