Which internet services were used?

Rob Lemos robert.lemos at cnet.com
Mon Sep 17 15:01:51 EDT 2001

Several of these reports are based on an article that I did. (CNN reported from the article as well, but made too many assumptions and lapse into error.)

Essentially, AOL and Earthlink have admitted to working with the FBI to provide whatever data they have, but they are not being any more specific. Earthlink did say, however, that it had been served with a FISA warrant, which is a surveillance warrant that has a lessen burden of proof than you average warrant for a criminal investigation.

Here's the original: http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7141812.html

-R

Robert Lemos
Senior writer -- Security, Privacy and e-Crime
ZDNet News/CNet News.com