How to ban crypto?

Jei jei at alpha.hut.fi
Mon Sep 17 08:22:50 EDT 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

> Banning cryptography to deter terrorism, or controlling it to give
> GAK, is much in the news these days. I wonder if it could be done?

The noble goal of this "ban all crypto"-move, seems to be that all
messages should be understandable and readabe to everyone. Or at
least that is what *I* _decipher_ *their* _messages_ are intended
to mean.

Alas, to this day, even plain text english has not achieved this
worthy goal.

It is upto each recipient to ultimately decide what a message is,
and what it means.