Sen. Hollings plans to introduce DMCA sequel: The SSSCA

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Mon Sep 10 17:46:13 EDT 2001

> I see little reason to believe we won't see a similar result this time,
> especially given the huge issue (finally!) digital copyright has become.
> After all, what hardware company wants to sell a hobbled computer whose
> main purpose is to protect someone else's line of business?

The TrustedPC membership including Microsoft, Intel, IBM and Compaq.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 Beta available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support at kermit-project.org          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to follow.