[dvd-discuss] Re: Sen. Hollings plans to introduce DMCA seque l: The SSSCA

Richard Hartman hartman at onetouch.com
Mon Sep 10 13:15:07 EDT 2001

If this monstrosity gets passed, could we overload the courts
w/ lawsuits against companies that manufacture any digital
device that does not conform to the law (such as digital
answering machines) and, in so doing, bring the inconsistancies
& impracticalities to theattention of the public and the courts?

[Moderator's note: Probably not. --Perry]

We don't _have_ to let them get away with selective enforcement.
By insisting on full enforcement we would be able to break
them, I think.

--
-Richard M. Hartman
hartman at onetouch.com

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!