ID card idea attracts high-level support

Jim Breton jamesb-lists at alongtheway.com
Thu Oct 18 04:25:18 EDT 2001

Here we go again. :-\

http://www0.mercurycenter.com/local/center/id101701.htm

[Moderator's note: I realize this is not entirely relevant to the
list's charter. I'm allowing it through because the current situation
is reasonably unusual and the information touches on the interests of
many people on the list. I would *not* entertain a full scale
discussion of the merits of ID cards here, although cryptographic
technologies associated with ID systems are of course germane. If I
get too many complaints about forwarding brief messages like this
through, I'll stop doing it. --Perry]