A modest proposal

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Tue Oct 2 10:49:29 EDT 2001

At 09:52 AM 10/2/01 -0400, Lyle Seaman wrote:
>Since we know  that these terrorists use steganography, they could be sending
>messages hidden in the contents of the letters, classifieds, or even the
editorial
>page.
>
>Therefore, the solution is clear.
>
>All printed matter must be reviewed by a team of crack government
cryptographers
>prior to publishing.  These cryptographers will be able to ensure that no
hidden
>content, or subtext, is present in any of the Observer's editorial content.

Its worse than that.  Since a OTP can be used with stego, every picture out
there can be shown to communicate future terrorist plans.  Govt
steganographers are working
on that.  Meanwhile, all original images must be submitted to the Office of
Homeland Defense for LSB dithering.

We have always been at war with Oceania bin Laden.