private-sector keystroke logger...

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Tue Nov 27 18:55:36 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Yeah right - so it sets up an outgoing connection to some webserver to
> pass on the info. Firewall that.

Easy, have your firewalling software keep a list of all the connections
you allow. Each time a connection to a machine not on the list occurs it
asks for permission, if you give it then it goes on the list. Couple this
will a sniffer on the outside of the firewall to look for probes.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com