Shades of FV's Nathaniel Borenstein: Carnivore's "Magic Lantern"

pasward at big.uwaterloo.ca pasward at big.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 21 10:40:11 EST 2001

R. A. Hettinga writes:
 > Everyone remember First Virtual's Nat Borenstein's "major discovery" of the
 > keyboard logger?
 >
 > 'Magic Lantern' part of new 'Enhanced Carnivore Project'

 > [etc]

In the same vein, but a different application, does anyone know what
the state of the art is for detecting such tampering?  In particular,
when sitting at a PC doing banking, is there any mechanism by which a
user can know that the PC is not corrupted with such a key logger?
The last time I checked, there was nothing other than the various
anti-virus software.

Paul