Secure C? An intresting area

Jason Jason.Gruber at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 14 06:05:43 EST 2001

http://www.research.att.com/areas/security/
Cyclone
Cyclone is a programing language for secure systems programming. The
language is closely based on C (it uses the same grammar and base types),
however, it eliminates certain unsafe features (unsafe casts and arbitrary
pointer dereferences). By removing these features, we can guarantee that
Cyclone programs will not have buffer overflows or other memory corruptions
that can result in security breaches or crashes. Thus, programs written in
Cyclone should be inherently more secure than their equivalent C programs.
We have implemented a compiler for Cyclone in written in Cyclone. For more
information about Cyclone, contact http://www.research.att.com/~trevor/.