Zero Knowledge Identity Proofs

Dimitrios.Petropoulos at reuters.com Dimitrios.Petropoulos at reuters.com
Tue Jun 26 06:17:50 EDT 2001

Following up on my previous post (netiquette? what's that?) one further clarification (and summary of my thoughts): the heart of the Mafia Fraud attack lies -I think- in that the challenge messages provide no proof of origin (who created them) nor of intended recipient (who were they intended for). A simple extension of the challenge message to include this information, protected with a simple digital signature scheme, is -in my opinion- enough to overcome the problem.

Regards,
Dimitrios Petropoulos

the views of Reuters Ltd.