Thermal Imaging Decision Applicable to TEMPEST?

Andrew Brown atatat at atatdot.net
Tue Jun 12 23:10:15 EDT 2001

>"Is thermal imaging more like going through your garbage (which courts
>have allowed) or more like looking into your window with a high-powered
>telescope (for which courts generally require a warrant)?"

off the top of my head, i'd have to say that anyone *intelligent*
would be able to see that this is simply "different equipment for
seeng things that are in a different part of the electromagnetic
spectrum".

telescopes are for seeing visual light through things that permit it
(windows and doors).

thermal imaging equipment is for seeing "heat" through things that
permit it (walls, etc).

no?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|