secure phone (was Re: Starium...)

Andrew Brown atatat at atatdot.net
Fri Jun 8 09:03:46 EDT 2001

>I can't emphasize enough that it's very important that the form factor be
>a double-female phone jack and work when plugged in with *either*
>orientation - is this an easy thing to detect?

i'm not sure i get this.  it seems to me that a small "doodad" with a
female jack and a three inch cord with a male connector on it would be
better.  it wouldn't force the "user" to provide a second phone cord
in order for the doodad to be used.  you could then connect it between
the handset and the handset cord, between the handset cord and the
base, or between the base and the wall.  no?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior at daemon.org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet