Effective and ineffective technological measures

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Sun Jul 29 16:34:54 EDT 2001

At 11:20 AM 7/29/2001 +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:

>The DMCA said:
> > 1201(a)(1)(A):
> >    No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively
> >    controls access to a work protected under this title.
>
>What does "effectively" mean here?

1201(b)(2)(B):

a technological measure ''effectively protects a right of a
copyright owner under this title'' if the measure, in the
ordinary course of its operation, prevents, restricts, or
otherwise limits the exercise of a right of a copyright owner
under this title.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids