Programmer arrested for Defcon talk?

Perry E. Metzger perry at wasabisystems.com
Tue Jul 17 12:40:29 EDT 2001

According to slashdot (http://www.slashdot.org/) a programmer was
arrested for (apparently -- details on the cited web sites are
sketchy) giving a talk at Defcon in Las Vegas describing how to break
the encryption in certain Adobe PDF files. It is (apparently) claimed
by Adobe that this was a violation of the DMCA.

See:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/17/130226&mode=thread

I'm not a big fan of /. -- they aren't particularly good at the whole
fact checking thing -- but the story sounds intriguing. The real
details may very well be quite different from what is portrayed. If
anyone knows real details, I'd appreciate them.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at wasabisystems.com
--
NetBSD Development, Support & CDs. http://www.wasabisystems.com/