moving Crypto?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 1 09:25:31 EDT 2001

There are many alternative conferences than Crypto, and many of them
are already outside the US.  Indeed, the IACR already runs EuroCrypt
and AsiaCrypt.

Personally, I think that trying to move Crypto is just an
over-reaction to the current situation.  If the situation really does
get worse (and the egg-in-face arrest wasn't an abberation) then
perhaps the conference should get moved to a more friendly North
American country.

-derek