Another shining example of Microsoft "security".

Enzo Michelangeli em at who.net
Fri Apr 20 04:10:04 EDT 2001

Why? Proxies for HTTPS do not touch the encrypted data, using the "CONNECT"
mechanism described in a draft by A. Luotonen (don't know if it eventually
became an RFC) and therefore are not involved in authentication issues.
Which is the right way to do it, as good crypto should always work
end-to-end.

Besides, the fact that many users don't check the validity of the certs
presented by the other side is a disgrace, and should not be encouraged by
distributing broken software.

Enzo