[Cryptography] Claims of factoring 2048-bit RSA

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 08:45:17 EST 2023

On 03/11/2023 16:34, Amarendra Godbole wrote:
> https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/blogs/researcher-claims-to-crack-rsa-2048-quantum-computer-p-3536
>
> Of course quantum computer. I am not qualified enough to comment on
> this article and its claims, though this group has many people who
> are.

I haven't read the paper, and won't bother, because what the author says
on his linked in page and elsewhere is incoherent buzz-word salad.

With some very outlandish buzz-words.

I know Tom's Hardware aren't cryptographers, but really - doing QC on a
mobile phone or a linux desktop? Equivalence of QC and classical
computing hidden since Pythagoras?

Why are they posting this nonsense?

Peter Fairbrother