[Cryptography] Zero Knowledge: Have I Been Pwned?

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Sep 11 13:37:49 EDT 2017

For anyone who does download the db, I suggest using sortgrep (from
sgrep.sf.net).  Very fast, even with the 12G main file.  Even over usb2.

(Don't confuse it with the sgrep package in most dists, which is
structured grep.)

Also, the download only has the sha1s.  In majuscule hex, one per line.

With this many entries:

  306259512 pwned-passwords-1.0.txt
   13675934 pwned-passwords-update-1.txt
     399790 pwned-passwords-update-2.txt
  320335236 total

(1/42 of the filesizes, of course.  So they wasted 320M on CRs :)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6