[Cryptography] Intel Management Engine pwnd (was: How to find hidden/undocumented instructions

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 21:33:13 EST 2017

That is correct.
There are people like Robert Graham who say that American tax money, when
used to purchase munitions in the nation interest, should not be used to
protect Americans, but to attack enemies of the state. I think this is
tyranny.

Well, I digress. Anyway, Facebook's run fast and break things wouldn't have
worked for NASA whose coding practices are very slow.
But I doubt even 10% of a modern CPU's cost is in R&D or at least design
for the wiring. Multi-billion dollar chip fabs. Rare elements. High quality
control standards.

To sufficient amortize the cost of a modern chip fab, it must require
selling hundreds of millions of chips.