[Cryptography] Bizarre behavior of a non-smart mobile phone

mok-kong shen mok-kong.shen at t-online.de
Tue May 16 03:50:27 EDT 2017

Am 15.05.2017 um 22:46 schrieb Ray Dillinger:

> The only common thread between them is that they might be adopted as
> goals by someone who has absolutely no goal whatsoever beyond malice
> directed specifically and personally against you. Someone who gets
> absolutely no other benefit from it.
Here our thoughts are different. If someone  X is only malice and does
something absolutely
without benefit for him to Y and from the number of people of the world
randomly chooses
Y  to attack and in a way that technically could be presumed to possibly
require fairly sophisticated
techniques and maybe also nontrivial efforts and that event occurs
timely just after Y has bought
a new device, our personal estimates of the probabilities of the chance
of coincidence involved in
such an event are apparently widely different from each other.

However, I deem it futile and not appropriate that we debate on our
differences of minds in our
group. As I wrote earlier, I don't like to conjecture/speculate on the
motivations of the hypothetical
attack, i.e. whether due to pure malice or maybe with other intentions,
but I am on the other hand
very interested to learn how the phenomenon reported can take place
technically.

M. K. Shen