[Cryptography] Blockchain to Secure Nuclear Weapons?

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 13 12:34:40 EST 2017

At 06:03 AM 1/13/2017, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:23 PM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:
>On 11/10/2016 15:12, Jim Windle wrote:
>DARPA looking at uses of blockchain technology, including securing nuclear weapons.
>
>http://qz.com/801640/darpa-blockchain-a-blockchain-from-guardtime-is-being-verified-by-galois-under-a-government-contract/
>
>While I don't know for sure, it's not clear to me that Guardtime technology is blockchain.  It's more like hashchain, but that is something that has been discussed many times going back to the early 1990s.
>
>Everything is blockchain now, even things that aren't.  The insanity of blockchain is proof of wasting electricity*.  Take that away and you have an object model in which the current value of any object is that last value registered in the blockchain which is slightly more than Harber and Stornetta but not much.
>
>Phill
>
>[*] Rumor has it that Bitcoin was actually designed by Charles Koch as part of his James Bond villain scheme to destroy the earth with global warming.

Hmmm...  What is the SHA3-1024 (Dean Wormer's "double secret" version of SHA3) hash for '00000000' ??  [0]

[0] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/nuclear-missile-code-00000000-cold-war_n_4386784.html

'Secret' Nuclear Missile Launch Code During Cold War Was '00000000'

12/05/2013 02:13 pm ET | Updated Jan 23, 2014