[Cryptography] jammers, nor not

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 28 10:05:32 EST 2017

At 05:21 PM 2/27/2017, Ron Garret wrote:
>On Feb 27, 2017, at 4:52 PM, John Denker <jsd at av8n.com> wrote:
>> On 02/27/2017 02:14 PM, Henry Baker wrote:
>>> jamming devices will become *essential*.
>>
>> Just in case it wasn't obvious, jammers are illegal in the US.
>
>Wrapping your gadgets in aluminum foil should be pretty effective at (ahem) foiling their attempts to contact a wifi hub.

How am I going to watch my TV, brush my teeth, and wash my clothes if everything is wrapped in aluminium foil?

Perhaps it's time to start a new housing development: "Faraday Flats".

When I lived in Los Angeles in the early 1980's, I met someone whose business was building Faraday Cage rooms for several million dollars a pop.  They had the usual suspect customers: Lockheed, Northrup, etc., as well as the tin-foil hat conspiracy types.  I didn't realize that the tin-foil types had that much money, but I was reminded that I was in Hollywood.