[Cryptography] Tezos

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Aug 21 00:55:25 EDT 2017

Tezos is a proof of stake crypto currency

Reading the white paper, I see no explanation of how to solve the hard
problem of proving to all stake holders that fifty percent plus one of
the stake holders have chosen to support one outcome rather than another
when the number of transactions and accounts becomes very large.

Tezos starts off as a centralized system, as all systems must in that
all proof of stake systems start off with the stakes held primarily by
those who wrote the software and those who funded them, but for initial
investors to cash out, must become a decentralized system, and I am not
seeing any plan to become a decentralized system.

Of course that is par for the course for a lot of internet companies
these days.  Fund me today, and I will figure out how to make money
tomorrow.