[Cryptography] Yahoo is sued for gross negligence over huge hacking

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Wed Sep 28 13:48:41 EDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 07:24:38PM -0400, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> In general, a contract cannot exclude claims for negligence. The fact that
> a contract purports to do so does not mean that it does. The principle that
> negligence claims are inalienable goes back to Roman times. And it has a
> major impact on attempts to replace instruments like letters of credit
> because it is not possible to construct the equivalent of a letter of
> credit using contract law.

===
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/27/windows_10_small_claims_settlement/

Microsoft paid me $650 to scrub Windows 10 from my grandpa's
PC, says man

Microsoft has paid the relative of an Alzheimer’s patient
for having to scrub his PC clean of Windows 10.

Jesse Worley said he'd received a cheque for $650 from Microsoft
– seen by The Register – which he told us he'd received after
threatening the giant with court action over an unwanted
Windows 10 upgrade.
===

Don't know if this is true, theregister appear yellow journos.