[Cryptography] True RNG: elementary particle noise sensed with surprisingly simple electronics

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:01:29 EDT 2016

The noise you are describing is called "thermal noise", and is ensured to
be there by basic physics.  You have discovered the method used by
"Turbid".  I reviewed their system a while back:

http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2014-October/023417.html

Looking at my review, I don't think I gave them enough credit early enough
for doing the basic research on this TRNG method.  It really is excellent
work.  That said, I agree with a lot of Bear's comments, such as using
simple devices, and even the glitter nail polish.

Bill