[Cryptography] Secure erasure in C.

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:18:19 EDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:

> As many people have pointed out, the problem with erasure is that it deals
> with a concept not captured by normal programming languages, operating
> systems or computing hardware.

Except it is? I pointed out a compiler intrinsic, memset_s(), that solves
this problem, and pointed to a library (libsodium) that provides a cross-OS
solution to this problem, but nobody cared. Honestly, that should've been
the end of the thread, but it persisted.

I think this is a really silly thread. This is a solved problem, and
everyone responding by trying to outsmart the compiler is terribly confused.

Everything's fine. The future is here, it just isn't evenly distributed, I
guess.

--
Tony Arcieri