[Cryptography] Secure erasure in C.

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Fri Sep 9 18:22:07 EDT 2016

On 09/08/2016 07:10 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:

> (Side note:  haven't we had enough of C and language discussions here?)

I really, really wish operating systems were implemented in something
else.  If we had Pascal discussions instead of C discussions at least
we'd be talking about something with array bounds checking.

But operating systems are written in C, so you can't get secure erasure
in anything else unless you can get it in C.  And it looks like you
can't get it in C unless you can get it in assembly language, and you
can't get it in assembly language unless you can get it in silicon.

Where's the bottom turtle?

				Bear