[Cryptography] Secure erasure in C.

Patrick Pelletier code at funwithsoftware.org
Fri Sep 9 15:58:03 EDT 2016

On 9/9/16 12:37 PM, Jerry Leichter wrote:
> FYI, JVM JIT implementations (a) can make optimizations based on whole program analysis; (b) allow late loading of additional classes.  For example, if A has no subclasses, a JVM JIT compiler can generate code based on that assumption - e.g., it can statically resolve references even to non-final methods in A, knowing that no existing class overrides them.

Sure, not to mention that the garbage collector could make copies of
just about anything.

The original question was about C, though, so I think it's pretty safe.
If you're really paranoid, you could do something like this in main:

if (argc == -1)
   deleter = abort;

(And probably need a cast on the function pointer type.)

--Patrick